Latest Press Releases
- Feds set Gateway pipeline deadline amid Moore's concerns
- The federal government has set a firm deadline of Dec. 31, 2013 for the review panel deciding the future of the Northern Gateway pipeline. Senior minister James Moore said Wednesday that doubts about the project are "widespread, given the behaviour of Enbridge recently."
- Fri, 03 Aug 2012 15:47:22 EDT
- Online search terms can be economic indicators
- Economists are taking more interest in the terms people use to search the internet for the insights they provide into the health of the economy.
- Fri, 03 Aug 2012 16:45:15 EDT
- Judge rejects Apple's plea to sanction Samsung over press release
- A U.S. federal judge has denied Apple Inc.'s demands for an immediate victory in a multibillion-dollar patent trial as punishment for Samsung Electronics Inc.'s decision to issue a controversial press release on the first day of testimony.
- Fri, 03 Aug 2012 16:02:56 EDT
- Tim Hortons raises prices for baked goods
- Tim Hortons says it has raised the prices of certain baked goods and lunch items this week due to higher operating costs, including the rising price of ingredients.
- Fri, 03 Aug 2012 16:56:52 EDT
- Facebook shares drop on news of fake accounts
- Facebook shares fell to new lows Thursday, dropping four per cent to close at $20.04 US on the Nasdaq as the company revealed that as many as 83 million accounts on its social networking website might have false or duplicate user profiles.
- Fri, 03 Aug 2012 14:11:38 EDT
- Canada risks Beijing chill if Nexen deal nixed
- Canada can expect a chilly reception and damaged relations with Beijing if the Harper government dents China's pride by refusing a $15.1-billion bid for a piece of this country's oilpatch, observers say.
- Thu, 01 Nov 2012 11:08:34 EDT
- 330 Bombardier rail workers launch strike
- Bombardier Inc.'s unionized workers at a rail equipment plant in La Pocatiere, Que., launched a strike Thursday, a couple of days after beginning negotiations with the help of a conciliator.
- Thu, 01 Nov 2012 12:17:28 EDT
- Collection agency harassed debt-free Canadians
- Employees of one of Canada's largest debt collection agencies, iQor Canada, have routinely and sometimes knowingly contacted people who did not owe debt, CBC News has learned.
- Thu, 01 Nov 2012 10:35:35 EDT
- National Energy Board announces TransCanada audit
- Canada's national energy-industry regulator will conduct a major audit of TransCanada Corp. following complaints from a former engineer about substandard practices at the giant pipeline company.
- Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:39:01 EDT
- Imperial Oil's refining profits boost earnings
- Imperial Oil Ltd. says higher margins at its refineries were the main reason for a 21 per cent jump in its third-quarter profit, handily beating analysts' expectations.
- Thu, 01 Nov 2012 13:14:15 EDT